Exputex is our best-selling cough remedy and effectively treats chesty coughs where phlegm and mucus in the chest is a problem. Exputex contains Carbocisteine, which is an effective mucolytic ingredient which helps to loosen and thin out phlegm and thick mucus which causes problems in chesty coughs. Exputex cough remedy is sugar-free and non-drowsy and is suitable from the age of 2 years old.
- For chesty and productive coughs
- Breaks down thick mucus in chesty coughs
- Helps to clear phlegm from the throat and chest
- Exputex can be used from 2 years of age to adults
Our pharmacists find Exputex to be a very effective cough treatment where chesty or phlegm type coughs are a problem. This is often described as having a ‘rattle’ in the chest when coughing. Exputex breaks down phlegm in the chest to relieve coughs.
Exputex Dose Guide
- Children 2 – 5 years give one 2.5ml spoonful 2 to 3 times daily.
- Children 6 – 12 years give one 5ml spoonful 2 to 3 times daily.
- Adults and children over 12 years initially take 15ml (three 5ml spoonfuls) three times a day, reducing to 10ml (two 5ml spoonfuls) three times daily when the satisfacory response is obtained.
You can read the Exputex Carbocisteine 250mg/5ml Oral Solution Patient Information Leaflet: Click Here