Constipation is a common problem which can be caused by a number of things. Not eating enough fibre or not drinking enough fluid can cause constipation. Some conditions can cause constipation, a lack of exercise or movement (such as being ill in bed) and some medicines. Ispaghula Husk soaks up water in your digestive system and makes your stools softer and easier to pass. This makes it a good treatment for people who are regularly affected by constipation.
Products containing psyllium husk are perfectly safe for most people to take, which is why they’re available without a prescription.
Before taking ispaghula husk
Make sure this is the right treatment for you, ask for advice from a doctor or pharmacist before you start using ispaghula husk if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- If it is for a child. This is because laxatives should only be given to children on the advice of a doctor or healthcare professional.
- If you have any problems with the way your kidneys work or you are on a potassium-controlled diet.
- If you have any difficulty in swallowing.
- If you are so constipated that you think you may have a blockage.
- If you are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, as well as herbal and complementary medicines.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to a medicine.
Product Details | 30 Sachets